Tuesday, April 15, 2008

On Long Hair

Posted by: Jen

When I was little, like five, I had really long hair. So long, in fact, that I could sit on it if I wanted to. While this is kind of awesome in its self, it is next to impossible for a five year old to maintain. Ask me how many times I cried about my mother insisting that she brush and blowdry my hair before bed. Seriously, it suuucckkeed -- like, 45 minutes to dry all of that hair. So now you know why I pretty much refuse to spend more than 5 minutes at a time on my hair today.

ANYWAY, there is a point to this. I was looking at outfits from the Country Music Awards last night, you know, to mock someone whose music I would never listen to's rhinestones and I came across a picture of... Crystal Gail!


Wow, did that jog my memory...

So my Dad used to say that I looked like Crystal Gail with my long hair (in case you were wondering, my sister was
Christie Brinkley because she was blonde. Also, I was so totally always the fat one), and I always thought CG was a model and only NOW do I find out that 1. She is a singer and 2. THAT is what she looks like. Seriously, I had no idea. She does not resemble me at all, but my dad was referring to 20 + years ago CG, so I dug around for a picture.


She does not look like me either but man do I wish I could rock makeup like that. I APPROVE 80's Crystal. Seriously, I am not even going to say anything about your pink velor blazer because you are exactly who I wanted to be when I was five.

On a sad note, I will never look like that. Sigh. Way to dream big, Dad.

No comments: