Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Will Probably Take Myself On A Date To See Prom Night

Posted by: Jen


Britanny Snow has had my heart since "John Tucker Must Die" -- a highly enjoyable and very underrated movie.

Sooooo, I am not ashamed to admit that I am excited to see "Prom Night". Kim, I wish you were here so we could go see it together and love it.

Plotline excerpt from IMDB: "Donna's senior prom is supposed to be the best night of her life, one of magic, beauty, and love. Surrounded by her best friends, she should be safe from the horrors of her past. But when the night turns from magic to murder there is only one man who could be responsible, the man she thought was gone forever. Now, Donna and her friends must find a way to escape the sadistic rampage of an obsessed killer, and survive their Prom Night."

HOW does that not sound fabulous?
1. Her name is Donna. DONNA. Channeling Donna Martin, perhaps?
2. Friends! Pretty people to look at!
3. Prom night turns from MAGIC to Murder. OMG, who doesn't wish that their's had? It would have been so much more interesting than drinking 4 Zimas and passing out.

And I know a lot of people think I have crap taste in movies, but that is not the case. I appreciate each movie for what it is trying to do -- chick flicks are to look at clothes, period pieces are made for swooning over the knight type hero, horror is for shutting my eyes and hiding behind my popcorn, and anything with an animal is for crying. Obviously not everything is "No Country For Old Men" or "Titanic"... So what if I wanna see a silly slasher flick with pretty people? Sue me.

In other news, I saw "The Mist" (adapted from a Stephen King novella) this weekend and I, the girl who likes almost anything, thought it was total crap. Think poor acting, bad lines, and totally fake looking monsters for the first hour and a half, followed by THE MOST DEPRESSING ENDING EVER. Yeah, so there. I have taste. Stop being snobs, people.

No comments: