Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Very Bad Idea.

Posted by: Kim

I'm the type of person who will occasionally get myself into trouble when making/ordering/purchasing food because I think less in terms of what goes together as a meal and more in terms of what I like and how can I put it all together. Case in point: A few weeks back, I celebrated a friend's birthday at the glorious Fajitas and Ritas, and ordered nachos topped with refried beans, cucumbers and a cheddar-monteray jack-pepper jack cheese combo. Only after they arrived in front of me did I realize I may have made a judgement error. Fortunately, I'd also consumed about a quart of tequila, so it didn't matter.

Anyway, while at CVS yesterday, I meandered over into the candy aisle because the store decor informed me it's Halloween and so I immediately wanted candy corn. I love candy corn. I could eat candy corn for dinner and be happy, and this from an obsessive tooth-brusher, too. There was plenty of candy corn to be had, but, unfortunately, my eye fell on this curiosity, and I was swayed. Candy corn Hershey's kisses?! How neat! And the packaging is so cute and appealing! I mean, how could they be bad, right? I love candy corn, and I love chocolate. And then I opened one.

Oh, no. Oops. I mean, really, Kim. Duh. OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO BE MADE OUT OF WHITE CHOCOLATE. CANDY CORN ARE NOT COLORS YOU CAN DYE NORMAL PEOPLE CHOCOLATE TO MATCH. God.

I eyed the offending little dyed WHITE chocolate (though, admittedly, still pretty adorable, as evidenced above) all apprehensively upon removing the cute, appealing little packaging, but, I mean, it did smell like candy corn. Kind of. So I tried it.

No.

No no no.

Not only is it white chocolate, but it is cheap, synthetic, plastic-y tasting white chocolate, at times miserably attempting to be flavored like candy corn. It. Was. Gross. So I pawned the bag off on a boy. Boys will eat anything.

HIGHLY UN-ENDORSED. DO NOT BUY.

This has been your public service announcement of the day.

Love, Kim.

No comments: