Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Posted by: Kim

I love Valentine's Day! I know, you're shocked. Anyway, since I can't give you Godiva, I'll give you a win and a fail from the Heart Truth Red Dress Show, because what is better than the beginning of Fashion Week and bright red? Right? Right.

WIN:

Hilary Duff, in Donna Karan. She looks so elegant! And adult! And this dress is basically Kate Winslet's royal blue one from Whatever Awards Show A Few Days Or Weeks Ago, except minus the weird draping or whatever it was that was happening at the bottom, which is to say it improves upon something that was already pretty good! Excellent.

And, FAIL:

Oh, my. I sincerely hope Amanda Bynes is more graceful than I am (highly likely), because if I tried to strut the catwalk in this negligee-pretending-to-be-a-dress, the front row would most certainly be getting up close and personal with my ... undergarments. Anyway, apparently Swarovski designed this for the show. I didn't know Swarovski designed anything except crystal, actually, and I'm thinking maybe the world would be a better place if I were correct. Oh well. At least Amanda's got the legs to pull this off (and I have a vague apprehension she probably didn't get to choose this dress for herself anyway, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt), though I would like to point out that if she were wearing tights, "TIGHTS ARE NOT PANTS!" would be rampant among critiques of this look, but, um, she's not even doing that. Eep.

No comments: