Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Edward Cullen Goes To The Oscars

Posted by: Jen

So this weekend I was indisposed and confined to my bed, sipping chocolate and delicately coughing into a handkerchief while eschewing visits from various suitors, so I had to watch the Oscars because I don't have cable. I, like Kim, usually hate awards shows but found Hugh Jackman and his crazy dance numbers to be thoroughly entertaining. I also drooled over the dresses. And for once, I had SEEN most of the movies that were being mentioned, so I actually felt more involved in the show. This is what people who like sports must feel like when they watch their team play!

Now, while I loved Slumdog and Dev and Freida and I am so happy they won, like, everything, I do think Benjamin Button got shafted because seriously, seriously, that movie made me cry straight through. For three hours. So I think it should have gotten something, because even though Brad is a little annoying now because he's all perfect with Angelena and like, saving the world and not working on his abs, he did do a REALLY good job and I must say I am a fan. Actually, if they had just given Best Supporting Actress to Taraji Henson I think I would have been satisfied, because she also did a REALLY good job and it would have recognized the movie without taking away any of the awesomeness of Slumdog.


Ok, now on to the important things. Apparently, Robert Pattinson thought that he had to dress IN CHARACTER to go to the Oscars:

I kid, I kid. However, boy could use a trip to St. Tropez after spending all winter in London. You know what guys? I think R. Patz (thanks anon poster), is suffering from the Chuck Bass Syndrome -- you know, the one that Ed Westwick is afflicted by -- in which an actor portraying a certain character begins to believe they are actually the character. Seriously guys, R. Patz is about three seconds away from smearing glitter all over himself, I swear.

Next, although Kim somehow managed to miss this in her all encompasing Oscar Dress roundup, this, ladies and gentlemen, is my favorite dress of the night and exactly what I would wear to the Oscars if I were invited (Edward Cullen, call me):

YES! Leslie Mann! Well played my dear, well played! Of course you would wear a flowing, perfectly cut disco ball gown to the Oscars, it only makes sense! I love it so much. WIN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robward Cullinson.

Leslie does look excellent.

Anonymous said...

You both start posts with "SO".
Methinks you are the same girl.