Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random American Idol Observation...

Posted by: Jen

So I was watching American Idol because as mentioned, I don't have cable, and because 90210 was a repeat (DAMN YOU! CW, wtf is this with all of these mid-season hiatuses? Even One Tree Hill was a repeat last night, gooddddddddd), and I noticed that upon reaching the Hollywood stage, the majority of the male contestants acquire a faux-hawk. What is this? What is the point? I mean, does it make the air around your head flow better, thus enhancing your voice? Combine that with the seemingly popular white button-down shirt enhanced with tribal/dragon design on the back (added points for down the sleeve) and you have quite the shit show. Sigh, but I suppose we can just attribute it to my whole "you lose your mind/fashion sense upon entering the city limits of L.A." theory, which is growing in evidence every day.

BTW, I voted for Alexis because she can sing, Anoop because I want to be his friend and Danny because his wife died. Clearly the fact that this is a singing competition has been pretty much lost on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY! I also watched American Idol last night (and 90210, simultaneously-ish, because Sam is a wonder with DVR and fast forwarding commercials and all kinds of stuff I don't understand, and I hadn't seen the 9-0 ep) for the first time since whatever year of college when it was like Clay Aiken and I was all, why do people enjoy this, but ANYWAY.

Those are the same three people I enjoyed (sort of, mostly I really only liked Alexis, but the two guys had obviously good voices if questionable taste in songs, and plus I really liked when Anoop was like, UM, ACTUALLY NO I WAS NOT 2 MONICA OWNS MY SOUL, and well, Danny, I cry.)!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I didn't vote. I forgot to care that much. This show is clearly sort of lost on me too.

And I didn't really notice what anyone was wearing after going immediately blind upon seeing the ... second guy who went? (First guy with his velvety blazer somehow endeared me.) I will take your word for it they were all equally bad. It is true that they are competing in Hollywood and listening to Paula Abdul and an English guy tell them what an American Idol is supposed to look like, so...