Sunday, October 19, 2008

WHAT.

Posted by: Kim


American Girl is RETIRING SAMANTHA PARKINGTON! My first style icon ever! The one whose influence resulted in me prancing around pretending I was a poor little Victorian rich girl for years of my youth while my parents patiently explained to me that the women's suffrage movement was no longer of issue!

Apparently all the 21st-Century dolls they've come out with are making the classic originals null and void? W.T.F. I am really losing faith in the world. Aren't American Girls supposed to be about the history? And now they TAKE AWAY SAMANTHA?! SHE IS THE BEST ONE! God. And, as an added un-bonus, this means Nellie will be retired too!

Whatever. My Samantha doll is having a grand old time in my parents' basement with my sister's Kirsten doll, I'm sure, but I pity the youth of the future who are going to be stuck with all the stupid new dolls.

What's next? GG retires Blair Waldorf?

Disgusted disgusted disgusted.

No comments: