Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Part 4: My baby sis says maybe I can remain more calm if I switch between the game and 'Greek'

Posted by: Kim

9:03. Of note, I miss college. Of note, I was not in a sorority and I do not regret that.

9:08. I am starting to panic because there are not enough commercials and she will not relinquish the remote control. Also, of note: I do miss college boys. For reasons I cannot comprehend, really.

Bottom 4th. LET'S GO ALREADY! ... Or not. Looking at strikes is also fine. Groundouts, too. Sure. GAH.

9:18. 'Greek' was more interesting last week, when I thought it hooked me. But it really is no GG. Or I could just be preoccupied.

9:20. "What flavor is that? Mint chocolate bitch?" Okay, maybe I can be drawn back in.

9:23. So they're using Audrina, LC and Heidi as code names. I'm back to feeling mildly invested.

Top 5th. ENOUGH WITH THE RAYS RUNS. My suggestion: Stop letting them on base.
Jess says: "Don't worry, there's always next year." Jess only likes hockey. Jess was adopted and passed off as a blood sibling and I'm telling her tonight. Actually, scratch that, she'd probably be psyched.

9:35. Commercials AT THE SAME TIME. SURE. SURE. NOT COOL.

Top 6th. This must mean a certain team had no offensive success last inning. Hm. Delcarmen in. 1-2-3, let's go. Gah. One down. And Jess changes the channel.

9:46. Bored of 'Greek.'

STILL TOP 6TH THEY HAVE ANOTHER RUN WTF. Best of 7, best of 7, best of 7. Gahhhh. Bases loaded, 1 out. Not fun not fun not fun not fun.

9:50. Cast of 'Greek' does a commercial: "Not voting is like telling yourself to shut up!" AWESOME.

Also I don't even want to know what is happening at Fenway at the moment.

Top 6th. It's never ending. Walked in a run. Sox bullpen is dead. OMFG. 8-1 bases still loaded. Boo. Vodka time! Javi Lopez ... whoo ... let's ... do it ...
"Death by a thousand cuts for the Red Sox." Wow. Really? Yeah, probably. Oh hey, 9-1. That was last night's score. Ehhhhhhhh.
And, 10-1. Let's start imagining the headlines. I mean, they've all been done at this point. Let's see ... Relentless Rays. Boston Massacre. Rays Rip Sox. Fenway Unfaithful. Ummm ... something utilizing 'stings'. Stunned Silent.
Oh hey, they've gone through their entire line up. OMG THERE WAS NO PLAY ON THAT? FOR FUCKING REAL?! REALLY? Okay, as if I could do it. I couldn't. I will shut up. I still believe. 11-1.
OH THANK THE EFFING LORD THAT'S OVER.

10:06. Greek: "Great politicians are supposed to inspire people. Not just be better than the alternative." Excellent. Recalls '04. Fortunately, we have inspiration this time around. Yes? Yes.

Top 7th (Ummmm what happened to the Bottom 6th?! Great, guys.). HA! Stephen King is reading a book. That's pretty funny. At least he didn't leave. Several of the Faithful appear to be channeling Yankees fans tonight and are wandering out onto Yawkey Way. Gross. Bandwagoners. Baseball teams don't always win. Get used to it. STAY AND CHEER.
1-2-3, yes! Thank you. Needed that.

Bottom 7th. YES PAPI! GAH, SO CLOSE! GO GO! Hahahaha, way to run it out, big guy. Tripppppple.
1981: Cubs led 8-0, Bottom 7th the A's put up 10 runs to win it 10-8. Interesssting. Thank you, sportscasters.
RBI Youk. Nice. Alright. 11-2. Here they come. Hee.
Bay! Bats are waking up.
Pfffft B.J. Upton, you are a showoff. Okay, though, nice arm, if ... unnecessary, there.
Come ON. Don't leave him on 1st. YES! 2 on, I'll take it. Sonnanstine, you are fading. Sox will take walks. COME ON CASH, DO IT AGAIN. Gah. Dammit.

Commercial break. Anyone seen Reese Witherspoon's Vogue pictures? They're amazing. I will find tomorrow.

Top 8th. NO NO WALKING, TIMLIN. Timlin? What are you doing here?
NICE, KOTSAY! Youk too.
Oh dear. Nice effort, J.D. Sigh. Is it too forward to say Jacoby would have had that? Probably.
12-2. Ick. Oh fucking christ. That's 13. This is ridiculous now.
Thank god that's over. I feel like I've said that after 8 too many innings.
'Rampaging Rays.' There's another headline.

Bottom 8th. I always liked even numbers. This will be EPIC.

So this woman I know of who joined Red Sox Nation in, oh, October of '07 (not even '04!) with obnoxious overzealousness once interrupted my workday to inform me of Neil Diamond's inspiration for 'Sweet Caroline.' You know, she went on to explain, the song that always plays at Fenway during the 7th? Yes, yes. I know. Except it's in the 8th, DUH. Ha, sorry. That was really pointless bitching. The booing and the leaving is getting to me though. Fucking multicolored hat wearers.

YES! PEDROIA! Whoo! 13-3. I will need a caffeine IV in the morning. I have to be at work for 7:30. Grosssss. Hey! Youuuuuuuuuuk! 13-4. Let's just stay in this inning forever.

Top 9th. That was fast. About freaking time.

Bottom 9th. I always liked odd numbers. Let's go!
Hey! Jacoby! Pinch hitting amidst the slump because ... there isn't that much to lose? Whatev. Hi! Get on base! Double steal with Coco! Do it do it do it!
HA! YES! EVERYONE WALK! Who says there can be no 9-run rally in the 9th?! Come on Lowrie. Be a hero.
Or not.
J.D. Drew ... ... ... awwwww sigh.

Bring on Game 5. But first I will sleep for 12 hours tomorrow night.

(That was strenuous. Never again. Need more vodka. Possibly gin.)

No comments: