Sunday, July 27, 2008

Overheard on the Cape

Posted by: Kim

At the high-speed ferry dock...

Girl in head-to-toe Lily Pulitzer: "I'm sorry, I mean, I like the idea of the black and white party, but it's the second weekend of September and I just can't get behind wearing white after Labor Day!'

Girl with some amazing, vintage (perhaps) Louis luggage and three pearl bracelets: "So, wear black? And anyway, didn't that rule die out like, before we were born?"
GILP: "I don't know, okay, but I have to embrace antiquated rules. What am I if unable to judge people based on things they might not understand purely because they are of a lower class?"
GWLLATPB: "Nothing, I guess. But anyway, isn't that rule just white shoes?"
GILP: "See, if you could not point out shit like this 18 years too late, I might remember more often why we're friends!"

+ 4 million points for the use of "antiquated." OMG.

No comments: