Thursday, July 31, 2008

I will miss my roommates when I abandon Beantown.

Posted by: Kim

Because everyone regresses after a couple of years of being 'grown up,' it seems:

Kim is cooking latkes at 9 p.m. because it occurred to her dinner was a great idea, but, like, not all the way, just some snacks would really be fine.

Kim turns to Roommate J to talk about eating applesauce with potato pancakes, as the idea of doing so is blowing J's mind, which, in turn, is blowing Kim's mind, as Kim has always liked applesauce with potato pancakes.

Then again, Kim just kind of has this love affair going with applesauce in general. Jen knows.

Kim eventually turns back to cook the latkes ...

But they have disappeared.

Cut to 10 minutes later, and Kim is still frantically running around the kitchen/living room/sun porch in a frenzy, digging around in such likely places as her purse and the liquor cabinet for where she may have accidentally put the latkes when she somehow removed them from the counter without noticing.

Finally, Roommate T wanders by and reaches up on top of a cabinet to casually pull down the latkes. 'Are these them?'

Kim: 'YES! OMG! How did they get up ... hey! You assface.'

Roommate T congratulates himself on a job well done, and then he and Roommate J leave to go get ice cream.

Cut to 10 minutes later, when Kim dumps latkes on a plate and goes for her applesauce ...

(Phone) T: 'Hi Kim.'
Kim: 'Tell me where my applesauce is before I cut a bitch!'

1 comment:

Kim & Jen said...

Your love affair with applesauce has always confused me because my mother used to only make me eat it with 1. porkchops when I was little and I hate porkchops and 2. mush up that awful chewable medicine when I was sick so I wouldn't taste it. That said, I don't HATE applesauce, but yeah, you love it. Alot.