Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back from vacation, sad about it.

Posted by: Kim


So I'm back from vacation, which pretty much means I went to work today and should be working tonight but am instead lying in bed sulking. I also wore makeup today, got not one speck of sand in any compromising areas, and brushed my hair and did not stick blue hydrangeas in it, so, yeah. Back to real life. Ew.

I did, however, by a hydrangea plant (sadly purplish, not the bright bright blue that is my favorite) on my way back up to sweltering Boston just because the nostalgia was already killing me. I've decided to name it Madaket, and it is already dying. Someone tell me how to raise it! I don't typically garden.

In a nutshell: Vodka, tubing, Jaws marathoning (ish), boats!, thunderstorms, Cisco Brewery (the happiest place on earth?), beautiful people in insane (-ly amazingly perfect) clothing, dancing 'til we fell down, lobster at midnight, night swimming, almost getting arrested ... as a group of 15 ... sans clothes, recovery by bloody mary, beach beach beach, mudslides in the gazebo, house parties, impulse purchases, yacht stalking, stalked back by cougars, singalongs, driving too fast late at night, refusing to go back in the water after the shark was spotted ... then getting back in 10 minutes later, not checking email, not checking voicemail, doing whatever we wanted.

I'd like to go back now.

No comments: