Monday, July 14, 2008

I am not usually such a trend slave, but, I really like wearing nightgowns to the office?

Posted by: Kim

Following a lengthy, lengthy internal debate, I purchased a maxi dress. Now, I am 5'4" when I'm lying to myself, so there was a time (spring) when I was certain that these dresses, pretty as they were, were created only for the Giselles and Serenas of the world.

Jen agreed. Jen told me not to cave, and to avoid the maxi dress. Jen is smart, as we know.

But I couldn't help but notice our girl LC pulling them off (is that questionable? open for interpretation? she pulled them off in my eyes, anyway):



So she could obviously do with a little hem, but, overall, good stuff, right? So I was all prepared to buy a maxi dress and hem it to fit my midgety self rather than stand on it (see: red dress, top). Then I remembered that I would never actually remember to go get it hemmed and probably just trip a lot and look like a stumpy fool. So I jumped off the maxi dress train.


And then? Leighton Meester to the rescue. (Because we all know Blair Waldorf wouldn't wear something so bohemian, come on):









SOLD! Yes, I would like to look like that, please! Cut to the weekend, and Kim happily toting home her royal purple maxi dress, very similar to the LC's red one up top.


Thoughts thus far: Well, unlike on LC up there, it is apparent even while wearing a maxi dress that I do indeed have feet. So that's good. Um, I've tripped twice. That's bad. Everyone compliments it! So that's good. I, uh, look nothing like Leighton Meester in it. That's bad.

Toss up.

I'm probably going to wear it twice a week until it snows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but I'm totally down with the feet-covering. It's the kind of thing that says, "Yes, I live in the dirtiest city in the world, but I'm rich enough to wash my clothes as often as I need to."

Which is why I don't own one.