Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stalking the cast of GG all the way back around to ... more of the cast of GG!

Posted by: Kim

Okay, okay, okay. How come no one told me or Jen that one of our favorites, one of our Dream Team of Friends (though we're starting to think she might not like us ...) Leighton has a boyfriend? And that it's Carter Baizen? I mean, one quick google search tells me that this is like, totally common knowledge among the diehard fans, and I am so not up on my game, here.

Anyway. Carter Baizen is hot.


And Sebastian Stan - as he likes to be called in real life - and Leighton are pretty adorable.



Amidst my stalking, I decided that Carter/Sebastian looked pretty familiar, so I did a little imdb search and learned that he was in one of the worst movies I have ever seen, ever, and I mean that in a it was really, really bad and just in a really, really bad way, as opposed to a really really GREAT bad way, which is how I usually like my movies: The Covenant.



I was super psyched for The Covenant when it came out a couple of falls ago. It's pretty much everything I want in a movie, which is to say it's about hot boys and evil and Massachusetts. I love hot boys and evil and Massachusetts. I love how every Massachusetts movie (like, Fever Pitch notwithstanding) is either a horror movie or a college-or-prep school movie, and more often than not, a preppy college horror movie. And there's ALWAYS a Salem witch running around. Fantastic.

Anyway, so I went in with the highest of hopes, and was so mad in the end.

Basically there's a really tall hot guy (Good Boy-Witch, don'
t know his name - this is why I am a bad celebrity stalker, I give up too easily) and a not-as-tall hot guy (Bad Boy-Witch, Carter/Sebastian) and there are some other cute little Boy Witchlets (one def. good, one maybe bad, though they drop that storyline pretty quickly which is dumb because it actually could have been interesting, and one who just hangs out) and then there are a couple of chicks there to see stuff in the shower and serve as lame catalysts. So then Carter wants to steal Tall Hot Good Witch's power because he (THGW) is turning 18 and coming into it fully or whatever, and so they have this battle and Carter's all, "How about I make you my WI-ATCH?!" (no, for real, that's what he says) and there's a gratuitous boy kiss and stuff and then Good trumps Evil but MAYBE NOT FOREVER! The end.

And OMG it is so bad. I'm not just saying this because I am a movie snob. I am not. I hate movie snobs. I
want it to be good. I want to love it. I want to want it on my shelf. It's so completely right up my movie-watching alley, and yet, no. Ugh. Even with all the hot boys running around half-naked for no reason (they're swimmers!).

But anyway, so I'm all reading about how Sebastian (I haven't decided if I'm going with Carter or Sebastian yet, so, just, you know) starred in this piece of should-have-been cinematic genius, some Web site's like, "and Sebastian met his girlfriend, GG's Lei
ghton Meester, through his Covenant co-star Chace Crawford."

Stop. Rewind. What?
Nate was in The Covenant? I know, right, you're thinking, "well Kim, when you stalked Chace over to imdb to make sure he was old enough for you to be lusting over (yes), didn't you read his filmography?" Well, no. Told you. BAD STALKER. So my mind's reeling and I'm all, "Tall Hot Good Witch? Nope. Wasn't him. Carter, nope. Um, the very blond one, nope. The one with the motorcycle, nope ... OH. OH! The OTHER one! The one who doesn't do anything! The one who just hangs out! THE ONE WITH THE HUMMER! NATE'S THE WITCH WITH THE HUMMER!"


Yup.

And now I totally have to rent this. And it's still going to be bad.

But, hey. 3 more days!

No comments: