Monday, August 25, 2008

ONE Week!

Posted by: Jen

Ok, so I know I always bitch about not being invited to events in this city, but this time I am serious. I mean, I know I could pay more attention, put on my heavily discounted Pucci and party crash, but come on... I want an invitation! Anyway, last night Bendel's (of course -- yo, I've never even been inside Barney's, but I do admire the windows on my way to H&M -- love you Simon!) Gossip Girl held its season two launch party.

Noticeably absent from the party of my life were Serena and Dan! It makes me sad because what kind of person doesn't attend a party for themselves? I will try to avoid projecting diva behavior on the both of them and instead talk about our other favorites and my general concern that Little J is heading down the path of Lindsay Lohan (before she met Sam Ronson and died her hair a lovely shade of blonde/red).



Leighton and Jessica, looking pretty! I miss Jessica's curls though! I mean, sure they are probably obnoxious as anything to keep from frizzing, but still! So pretty!


Nicole rocks a bandage dress. So many people hate this style, but you know what? It works. And if I were not shaped like a tyrannosaurus rex I would also wear one. To work. And the grocery store. And everywhere because it is a fucking bandage dress and I will be saggy and 75 someday so why not?

Leighton always looks perfect. Kim and I aspire to have her kind of awesomeness someday.

Oh hey Little J, did you watch "The Crow" before coming to the premier? What's wrong, did your mom take away your Sidekick? Would it kill you to smile? And I am not saying this in the typical condescending "girls should be smiley!!!" kind of way -- you are MUCH to young to pout at the camera like that and I know my saying it makes me OLD but think of it as coming from your "cool" aunt. I'm nervous for you. For the next 10 years make sure you ALWAYS leave the house wearing underwear.

No comments: