Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ok, Thursday Styles, You've Finally Crossed The Line

Posted by: Jen

Click the pic to see the full article!

Oh Thursday Styles (not to mention Sunday), I usually find you generally annoying but somehow always find myself checking you out because I like the "On The Street" slide show, but you have hit new levels of obnoxiousness. I mean yeah, I kind of laugh at your articles on exercise and shoe colors, and sometimes Modern Love makes me feel a little dirty, but this article makes me almost blind with rage at the absurdity of it all.

And I quote:
"...Mr. Brown, 24, who works at Esquire magazine in New York, the colorful strips are an important accessory, and he’s careful to coordinate them with his Kris Van Assche sweater or his Balenciaga bag. He generally wears one on his left hand or arm and balances it out with two or three on his right leg.

He doesn’t put them on his face because, he said, “I don’t want people thinking, ‘What happened?’"

PAIRS A BAND-AID WITH BALENCIAGA? OMG OMG OMG. This guy is asinine, and I am really frightened to think that there are enough men in the world like that to warrant writing an entire article in the fucking New York Times about this "trend"!!! He's also totally the kind of guy that would hit on you at the bar (probably Pink Elephant) and try to buy you a vodka soda because "carbs are bad" and then proceed to tell you about how much money he makes doing x job.

(I know you're wondering how you would end up at Pink Elephant, but let's say it's probably 3am and your friend is really drunk and you just kind of ended up there. Stop blaming the victim.)

I think I need to stop reading Thursday styles for my health and sanity. Plus they make me feel bad when they talk about how people deal with the recession by "only purchasing one or two designer handbags a year" or "forgoing the trip to San Tropez in favor of going to Montauk".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahah.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
And ha.

Also ... I drink vodka soda ... but it's because all other mixers take away from the fantastic vodka flavor!

I drink it alongside my pizza and bagels.

It's okay, yes?

Remember that time we ended up at One and weren't sure how or why?

Ha.
Ha. Ha.

--Kim