Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No, Katie Holmes, As Much As You Insist On Pegging Your Jeans I Am Not Going To Believe You

Posted by: Jen
Posh's pants and Agyness' cut? Oh Katie. Tell Tom to let you have some meds.

Has anyone else been following Katie Holmes' descent into madness? Case in point: the pegged jeans. Yes Katie, I know your friend (and a member of our Dream Team of friends) Victoria wore David's jeans once, and you decided to follow suit. But. But! As much as you insist on wearing them out, it does not make you a trend setter or chic; just frumpy. I don't get it.

There is a picture circulating the internet of Katie wearing these jeans with socks and high heeled sandals! The brain explodes! But, it was the first time I had seen her do it so I thought maybe she had just come from dance practice because sometimes the building I work at hosts Salsa Night and all of the women who go wear dancing shoes with socks because they are intellectual and cultured and DANCE SALSA and you know they listened to an NPR podcast on the way in from Park Slope and will go home and eat something organic. OR sometimes I see ballerinas on the train and they like, hike up their tights so they stick out under their sweatpants and wear them with flip flops but that is ok because it has purpose and they look a thousand times more graceful when the train comes to a rumbling halt than I ever could -- but I have the feeling that Katie is not doing either of these things. She might eat organic though. I think Scientologists do that.

I know, I know, I say Blake can wear onesies and formal orange and Kate Moss can wear ANYTHING, but Katie can't. Please come back to us and wear pants that fit with the rest of us mortals.

No comments: