Monday, June 23, 2008

More thoughts on becoming elderly.

Posted by: Kim

I would like to take this time to chime in on Jen's most recent post about Being Old with a little story about what happened to me last week when I woke up still drunk on Friday after three glasses of wine the night before.

(For the record, Jen being "not as old as me" translates to "she is six months younger," thus I too am 26, lest anyone have gotten the impression I am some horrifically ancient woman of 30 or something ... but I do understand her math, as I will own up to being one of those people who constantly insists upon being recognized as 5'3" andthreequartersthankyouverymuch. Sometimes the little details are a really big deal. So Jen is the baby of our blog duo. Perhaps not in mind, but in age.)

SO, last week my roommates and I got wasted on a weeknight (typical, and besides, I mean, it was Thursday) and I managed to do so off three little glasses of wine (also typical, now that I am of a certain age) to such an extent that I woke up, if not still drunk than at least in the immediately-post-drunk-pre-hangover state of confusion, and of course proceeded to lose my mind on the way to work.

As I explained to Jen, this went down:


me: OMG THIS HAPPENED:
me: so i had wine confusion and rushed around like a crazy person this morning as i overslept and needed to get gas and emergency iced coffee to ensure this doesn't turn into a hangover.
and i was so proud of myself
bc i thought i was doing so well.
me: and then at DD, a very nice gay (pretty sure) boy in line offered to buy me a bagel. and i was like, 'ummm, no thanks.'
and he was like, 'honey, i think you need one. rough night?'
and i was like, 'damn i thought i was doing so well.'
and he was like, 'oh, you're okay. ... except ... you only have makeup on one eye."
9:19 AM Jennifer: HAHAHHAHAHAHA
me: blog post? i think so! i still have to write about the dream I had the other night. my life is FUNNY.
Jennifer: WOW
WOW
WOW
that is fantastic
I love him
9:20 AM me: yes.
i accepted the bagel after that
Jennifer: did you get his number
Jennifer: you two could be bff
me: i didn't, his name was bobby though and he asked how to get back on the mass pike
so i dont know if he was from here
9:21 AM Jennifer: yeah he was kind of too nice to be from mass
how do you manage to only do one eye?
that is amazing
9:22 AM me: i know. so i got to work and washed off the other eye, and i look so weird. people are totally like, what's different? haircut?

In other evidence of my spectacular success at being An Adult, this weekend I went to a birthday party (for someone turning even older than Jen!), during which I had a photo shoot with gin in a bathtub that I enjoyed so much I insisted upon recreating it the next day as I was evading the gin hangover by continuing to stay drunk with bottles upon bottles of champagne. Only the second time I wore a royal blue ball gown.

For these reasons, you will notice the blog is missing what should have been a Happy Birthday Jen, Love Kim post, which probably would have included the Top 26 Moments of Jen or perhaps J-E-N-N-I-F-E-R written out vertically with corresponding complimentary adjectives.

Happy birthday again, Jen! Welcome to 26! So far it's a lot like 25.

No comments: