Friday, June 13, 2008

MK&A TURN 22!

Posted by: Kim

When Jen and I moved to New York together a hundred years ago when we were 22 (okay, so it really wasn't that long ago at all) one of our primary goals, along with not starving, scoring amazing fake/stolen purses and ruling the world (okay, so that last one may have been mostly me and my tendency to go big and melt down), was seeing an Olsen twin. It hasn't happened yet, and we may or may not have moved onto thinking about stalking the cast of Gossip Girl instead, but the Olsen twins are still phenomenal.

They conveniently starred in the fine cinematic piece of art known as New York Minute just prior to our college graduation/move to New York, and watching it in a state of pure bliss in the (shared, with another person) studio apartment of our first New York friend (Jen made her for us - said friend also later gave us our cat) will remain stamped in my memory forever. Okay, so maybe it's faded a little. But I'll at least never forget legitimately being amused when Ashley, playing the Republican debater to Mary Kate's free-spirited hipster rockstar, was storming around the streets of New York "Still looking for a reason to live! Still! Looking!" I use that line like, 40 times a day.

Also, they do stuff like this, and I live vicariously:

Jen, for our next birthday/half birthday (have you ever noticed how close they are?!) can we wear similar things and forget (on purpose) to brush our hair? Please?

Happy birthday, Olsens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Kamran to get home from the airport and am totally bored, so pardon me for reading back through all your old entries and feeling like I need to brag, but you DO KNOW that I spoke to an Olsen right here in NYC, right?