Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Old Now!

Posted by: Jen

My birthday was this weekend and I turned 26. Sigh. I am old now (not as old as Kim though, hee!). This cat picture has nothing to do with anything but yet is surprisingly accurate in its price per square footage estimate.

I think I am depressed because it is Monday, I am old, I am still hungover from Wednesday -- ok the weekend -- which is a product of being old, and tired (which is another product of being old). God. You never hear anyone saying they want a hot 26 year old, it's always "I want a hot 25 year old!" Not that I think I should be valued solely on that because I am not a piece of meat, assholes, but I can't help it because I am constantly inundated by reports from the media and reminded of that fact. Sorry. I also will never be a supermodel.

Ok, now I am going to think positively about my advanced age:

1. I am not in junior high anymore, thank you Jesus. If someone offered me 1 Million dollars to be 13 again I would say no. And then slap them.
2. 26 seems more respectable in the workplace. I guess no longer people can be like, "Oh you're a baaaaby!" which I hate because it's like yeah I have less experience than you fucker but don't make me feel stupid for it.
3. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life, but NOW I am seemingly ok with that, and let me tell you, that makes things a lot easier. Or I am just a total slacker, which I am ok with too.
4. I can drink less, which means I will spend less money at the bar, which means I am slowly building my fortune that I will use to take over the world (re: buy new handbag)! Exceeeellleennt.

No comments: