Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not Trying To Start An East Coast/West Coast Thing, But...

Posted by: Jen

I am desperately trying not to channel my inner Biggie and lash out at a metaphorical Tupac, but COME ON PEOPLE, must I really point this out?! Fashion Capitals of the world: London, Paris, Milan and NEW YORK. Is L.A. mentioned as one? No? Does L.A. have a sad, sad little fashion week in which Lauren Conrad debuts her latest line of jersey dresses weeks after the Chanel show in Paris and Marc Jacobs in New York? YES.

Sorry guys, when it comes to knowing how to dress yourself without velour, New York wins. ALWAYS. I'm sorry if I never learned to appreciate highlights and piling on millions of trendy accessories; blame it on the cold weather, I just don't see it.

Now, I know there will be the haters who will all be like, "Bitch! I love my Juicy and you don't know anything!" so I am providing photographic evidence:

Yes. Here we have adorable Shenae Grimes acting a fool in my grandfather's sweater, velvet sweat pants and SPARKLY Uggs! jdkajdakljdllaldk! And we cannot say that such a concoction of random clothing is a rare event. It is not. Scan any celebrity photo blog and you will see many people (ok, all famous, but I'm thinking the non-famous people follow suit) in L.A. dressed in exactly the same manner.

And now, to drive my point home, not meaning to hate on the 90210 girls because I like that show and I think they are great and pretty, but I would like to be their stylist because they need a tiny bit of help, I give you Annalyne McCord and her sisters:

Whaaaaaaat? What's this? Leggings with a shirt that is clearly not a dress? A boob crushing vest with jodhpurs? Liquid leggings with some kind of religious scarf? Oh dear god, a Forever 21 exploded all over them, it's a miracle they weren't killed!

So, self righteous commentators professing that I know nothing and being from New York is somehow unfortunate for my sense of style, there you have it, proof! Nobody goes out like this in New York, ever. Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I come back to a civil war between the coasts. Amazing.

Also, what? Why is this even an argument? We give LA credit where it's due (weather, duh), but, come on. That commenter was hilarious.

Also, I don't think I even think the 90210 girls are cute at this point because they are so deep-fried of hair and face and covered in cheap-looking expensive accessories. LA style.

East Side WHUT.