Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm back!

Posted by: Kim

And there was another awards show I could not care less about the other night, which meant I got to stare at dresses when I felt like avoiding work!


Apparently the theme of the Sag Awards this year was One-Shoulder, and in most cases it appears it worked. My favorite was Evan Rachel Wood, though I hate hate hate her accent clutch and shoes.


So, when my (and Jen's) friend Sam got married the summer before last, I wore this color in her wedding and it was tough. I tanned for it. Not in a booth or anything, but sort of obsessively (and through sunblock, because I'm pretty obsessive about that too) on the beach for a week. Her wedding was beautiful and so were the pictures, and I like my share of light colored polos and headbands as much as the next girl, but I've always been iffy on formal pastels as a rule (I wore a strapless black ball gown to my high school prom in the year 2000, better know as the Year of Lavender, Spaghetti Straps and Butterfly Clips, if that's any indication). However, I loved Slumdog Millionaire (and am so psyched that apparently the rest of the world did too, and Freida Pinto was so good in it and she is so pretty and this dress is so pretty and she fortunately does have the coloring to pull it off, so, it's on my list. Also her diamond bracelet is killer.



I would probably wear this everywhere if there was any chance in hell I could fit even one of my boobs in it. Lucky Claire Danes. I think it's so pretty. And I guessed Carolina Herrera but it's Nina Ricci.

That's all. Have at it, haters! I know, I know. I'm from the East Coast and all, so...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with the accessories on Evan Rachel?
Oh right, You're the preppy one.
Bore bore bote bore bore.