Friday, May 2, 2008

I Have Made Better Decisions

Posted by: Jen
So my European co-worker NEEDED Taco Bell because he hadn't had it in 12 years or so and was dead set on getting the Big Bell Box Meal for lunch (Google it, it is sick! No one should eat that much, ever). I, who haven't had Taco Bell in years, decided that yes, I could eat a Chalupa for lunch. It reminded me of Freshman year at college when Kim and I would get Chalupas and orange soda for dinner! Memories!

Anyway, it was close to 1pm and I was STARVING by the time we got to the Taco Bell by Union Square, so I may have been a little overzealous in my ordering. I got two Chalupas and some nachos. My co-worker got a Big Bell Box Meal and Pizza Hut Breadsticks (yeah it was a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut -- Heaven!).

OH GOD. I forgot how delicious it was.

Somewhere during the second Chalupa, my stomach started to protest. My mouth said yes but my stomach was screaming no and I didn't listen. I ate it all and it was incredible, but my body was already revolting by sending waves of nausea radiating through me.

Flash forward to 3 hours later. I am still in a food coma and have a slight headache. My co-worker has sworn off Taco Bell forever. It makes me nervous. What was in the food?!*

*Besides deliciousness?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I have never, ever eaten at Taco Bell ... and your post validates why I will continue to never eat there! :) P.s. Monkey photo below is a-dor-able!

Kim & Jen said...

Oh, dear god. Memories.
-Kim