Monday, March 2, 2009

Mary Kate And Ashley Totally Got It, Dude!

Posted by: Jen

It is snowing here and I am so tired of winter and all of my clothes and even though I swore off shopping until April, I can't help but look online and then I died a little when I found Mary Kate and Ashley's spring line for Elizabeth & James. Sigh, I have seen a lot of their stuff in Bloomingdale's and gazed longingly at it, but these girls have come a long way since their days of Wal-Mart clothing and the price point is a little... High. For me at least. But, we can drool! And find lower cost look alikes at Zara and H&M! Yay!


First, I give you, "Model in kiddie pool".
She's all, I am so bad ass in this long blazer and adorable teal skirt! I'm also about to break this pool with my killer heels (quick aside: when I was 9 or so, I got Crocodile Mile for my birthday and I was SO EXCITED because it was a glorified Slip n' Slide with a cool pool and inflatable palm tree on the end of it! Well, long story short, I never even got to use it because the pool popped when my dad was setting it up. How tragic.) ! Look out, tidal wave!

Next, although I seem to be seeing a resurgence in short puffy skirts circa 2004, I am refusing to be frightened because this is not worn with Uggs or an Old Navy tank top.
Instead it is all kinds of awesome with a long blazer (I NEED ONE. And yet, cannot find any -- they all appear to be cropped, everywhere I go. And let me tell you how bad cropped looks on someone who is 5'3.), a simple shirt and once again, bad ass heels. Mary Kate and Ashley, please send me this outfit for my birthday. I loved How The West Was Fun.

Lastly, YELLOW!
I don't know if I can wear straight up yellow all by itself like the model is, as it tends to make me look dead, or close to death, but I would wear this with a darker cardigan over it, which I know completely ruins the fact that it is a summer dress, but that is how I roll and it gets cold in my office. Also, the jury is still out on those Keds. Yes, I see the hipsters (and Brett from Flight of The Conchords!) in them, but like those giant boyfriend jeans that Katie Holmes inflicted upon the world, only to have many misguided actresses follow her, I am not sure if I believe it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also flashing back to college with the fluffy miniskirts and slightly fearful, but at least the look appears to be paired with being covered up on top and Amazing Shoes We Never Would Have Thought of in College.

Also, I love yellow. And I love that little yellow thing. But I don't like the sheer thingy. Or the keds.