Monday, November 3, 2008

OBAMA FTW!

Posted by: Jen

Welp, tomorrow is the big day kiddies and we will be voting for Obama, in case you didn't know that by now! You all should too, dear readers, because this election is important, and I really think Obama is up for the job.

I am just really tired of people being closed minded, hateful bitches and would for once like to see the country elect a leader that is progressive. I am tired of the "us vs. them" mentality that so many on the right keep trying to play. I am tired of being called a fake American except when we are talking about 9/11. I am tired of people thinking its ok in 2008 to actively discriminate against someone for race, sexual orientation or gender. I am tired of people using religion for a reason to discriminate against others AND discriminating against people for following a certain religion (or not having one at all). I am tired of health care and the system being absolutely ridiculous (not to mention, "my health" being apparently unimportant). I am tired of seeing my tax money spent on stupid shit, like wars. I am tired of people refusing to believe that all people do not necessary come from an upper middle class white background and that not everyone has the same opportunities as others and then calling the less fortunate "lazy" for not making it. I am tired of being embarrassed of being an American, because you know what? People in other countries think we are absolute idiots over here, and from the past 8 years, I can't blame them. Let's prove them wrong tomorrow and elect a smart, competent, progressive leader for once.

Go Team Liberal Elitists!

2 comments:

Chris Camp said...

how many "real Americans" can say they run by the site of 9/11 two to three times a week? you will always remember Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Done!

I mean, not that I should even have a vote, being an educated, northeast-born-and-bred Fake American Democratic snob who would prefer candidates smarter than myself, but, whatever.